Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1944 Denison Smock "Good or Bad"

Article about: Hello People, Could I possibly have your thoughts on this Denison Smock please, I think it's OK but I would just like it confirmed. Thank you very much.

Default 1944 Denison Smock "Good or Bad"

Hello People,
    Could I possibly have your thoughts on this Denison Smock please, I think it's OK but I would just like it confirmed.
    Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Denison Smock "Good or Bad"   1944 Denison Smock "Good or Bad"  

1944 Denison Smock "Good or Bad"   1944 Denison Smock "Good or Bad"  

?

Interesting collar add on, I have had a couple of these in the past, it looks good to me, but I am not an expert.

Dean O
    Canada

Thanks Dean for your input, I've seen similar collars before but usually brown.

?

Full length zip has been added as well ...

Looks good but as put full zip has been added later

?

Are there any marking on the zip?... also I think the collars on British made Flying Jackets and Canadian ones were a bit differant.

The collar to me, looks like it is from a flying Jacket, thats why I mention this, but perhaps I am wrong about that.
    I have never "held" a Smock with this sort of collar

Dean O
    Canada

The collar would appear to be from an RAF sidcot flying suit. These are a seperate collar that button on. The collar was a common addition to Denison smocks for glider pilots.

Not the best picture, but you can just about see where the collar buttons on (unfortunately I have packed the flying suit away)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Denison Smock "Good or Bad"  

?

Grimebox, Thank you, I knew I had seen that type of collar before, but I could not remember where. I have had a few Canadian sidecot flying suits, and as soon as I saw your post, I remembered it!!!
    Again, in Many cases the Canadian ones were differant than the British sidecots, we all used what we had.

Dean O
    Canada

Yes your right the sidecot collar was used on the denison by glider pilots and the denison smock I posted in the original thread also belonged to a glider pilot. I've seen a few with sidcot collars and I'm pretty sure I've seen an image with the white sheepskin collar but I can't remember where I saw it.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1944 Denison Smock "Good or Bad" 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast