Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1960's SAS private purchase beret

Article about: Private purchase SAS Beret by Herbert Johnson, who seem to have been the go to tailor for the regiment for private purchase berets in the 50's & 60's. Oddly it appears to have an or's cl

Default 1960's SAS private purchase beret

Private purchase SAS Beret by Herbert Johnson, who seem to have been the go to tailor for the regiment for private purchase berets in the 50's & 60's. Oddly it appears to have an or's cloth badge which seems well settled into the fabric.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1960's SAS private purchase beret   1960's SAS private purchase beret  

1960's SAS private purchase beret   1960's SAS private purchase beret  

1960's SAS private purchase beret  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry, because of the o/r cap badge, it could easily be for an EM? The SAS has quite a lax attitude to kit I guess?
    "Per Ardua"

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    Jerry, because of the o/r cap badge, it could easily be for an EM? The SAS has quite a lax attitude to kit I guess?
    Indeed and I know with the paras in the 1970's that many bought Victor's berets to replace the issue version so I see no problem with the SAS doing the same but with a Herb J beret.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Very cool beret , you dont want to get me too interested in them or I will outbid you on the bay! Rob

Nice piece...beautifully photographed / presented...museum quality....thank you for taking the time to do so.....

Quote by Kryton View Post
    Very cool beret , you dont want to get me too interested in them or I will outbid you on the bay! Rob
    Lol, no......

- - ------- - -

Quote by Composite View Post
    Nice piece...beautifully photographed / presented...museum quality....thank you for taking the time to do so.....
    I try mate, glad when it is noticed.
    Regards,

Jerry

Outstanding example Jerry and a must have ,thanks for showing
    Regards James

?

Looks too be in tip top nick.. I wonder if it was ever worn!!.. I only say that because it looks be unshaped & the badge is spanking.. Anyway a cracking item to have in any collection Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Looks too be in tip top nick.. I wonder if it was ever worn!!.. I only say that because it looks be unshaped & the badge is spanking.. Anyway a cracking item to have in any collection Cheers Terry.
    Terry if you check at the rear, the trim has been sliced and reinforced with thread suggesting it has at least been modified in size. Perhaps his best beret.
    Regards,

Jerry

Class piece, thank you for sharing Jerry !
    Regards
    Paul