Become our sponsor and display your banner here

44 Dated Mk II BMB Para helmet

Article about: Morning Gents I came upon this Mk II Para helmet and would like to add it to my collection I have decided it needs a little more investigation though before I decide were to draw the line in

?

Default 44 Dated Mk II BMB Para helmet

Morning Gents I came upon this Mk II Para helmet and would like to add it to my collection I have decided it needs a little more investigation though before I decide were to draw the line in the sand as to what I am willing to pay for it.
    My own conclusions are the liner looks good but would appear to have a little damage do to being stored in a damp location it is in a nice large size a rarely seen 7 7/8,
    From the images the chinstrap would appear correct as does the dome pad and sorbo rubber my only real concerns is the dark green paint which is evident on a couple of places on the tail ends of the chinstrap, exterior of the shell and on the interior of the helmet around the area of the rim .
    I am a little concerned this helmet has had a layer of post war paint stripped from her as the shell looks fairly shiny but perhaps a little camera flash there as well is not helping matters any thoughts and or opinions are welcome please pardon the images I know they are not the best but are all I have at the moment.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqZ,!pIFIY1HF1M0BSSESViUgw~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	575998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16h,!zoE9s5ng)E)BSSETFbKbg~~60_57.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	278.6 KB 
ID:	575999  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16RHJGsFFMvQYuMFBSSET7NGTg~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	576001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16V,!yEFJ!OgOUHqBSSETg!oMw~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	576002  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16V,!zcFIdrk8LuuBSSESvhe8Q~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	576003  

?

Looks good to me, it has the early khaki green paint inside, but not sure whats happened to the outside. Might have been repainted post war with green & stripped off.

?

Thanx tinlid your opinion is appreciated I am going after this one if I purchase it I will dress it up with a camo net I will keep you updated
    Regards Mark K

Did you get this one?
    Regards
    René

?

Nope I thought about it a little more and walked on this one Rene Aaron confirmed what I suspected very probably post war messed with someone tried to strip the paint off of her and ruined the original finish IMO.

Regards Mark K
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nope I thought about it a little more and walked on this one Rene Aaron confirmed what I suspected very probably post war messed with someone tried to strip the paint off of her and ruined the original finish IMO.

Regards Mark K
    Fair enough Mate
    Regards
    René

If the price wasnt too bad (i bet it was ) then it would of been nice to have to the unusually large size, at least.

?

The HSAT I have in my collection is far nicer and also in a nice big size of 7 5/8 and there is not that nagging feeling in the back of my mind every time I look at it on the shelf about not being original un messed with.

Regards Mark K
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!