Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

44 Dated Mk II BMB Para helmet

Article about: Morning Gents I came upon this Mk II Para helmet and would like to add it to my collection I have decided it needs a little more investigation though before I decide were to draw the line in

?

Default 44 Dated Mk II BMB Para helmet

Morning Gents I came upon this Mk II Para helmet and would like to add it to my collection I have decided it needs a little more investigation though before I decide were to draw the line in the sand as to what I am willing to pay for it.
    My own conclusions are the liner looks good but would appear to have a little damage do to being stored in a damp location it is in a nice large size a rarely seen 7 7/8,
    From the images the chinstrap would appear correct as does the dome pad and sorbo rubber my only real concerns is the dark green paint which is evident on a couple of places on the tail ends of the chinstrap, exterior of the shell and on the interior of the helmet around the area of the rim .
    I am a little concerned this helmet has had a layer of post war paint stripped from her as the shell looks fairly shiny but perhaps a little camera flash there as well is not helping matters any thoughts and or opinions are welcome please pardon the images I know they are not the best but are all I have at the moment.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 44 Dated Mk II BMB Para helmet   44 Dated Mk II BMB Para helmet  

44 Dated Mk II BMB Para helmet   44 Dated Mk II BMB Para helmet  

44 Dated Mk II BMB Para helmet  

?

Looks good to me, it has the early khaki green paint inside, but not sure whats happened to the outside. Might have been repainted post war with green & stripped off.

?

Thanx tinlid your opinion is appreciated I am going after this one if I purchase it I will dress it up with a camo net I will keep you updated
    Regards Mark K

Did you get this one?

?

Nope I thought about it a little more and walked on this one Rene Aaron confirmed what I suspected very probably post war messed with someone tried to strip the paint off of her and ruined the original finish IMO.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nope I thought about it a little more and walked on this one Rene Aaron confirmed what I suspected very probably post war messed with someone tried to strip the paint off of her and ruined the original finish IMO.

Regards Mark K
    Fair enough Mate

If the price wasnt too bad (i bet it was ) then it would of been nice to have to the unusually large size, at least.

?

The HSAT I have in my collection is far nicer and also in a nice big size of 7 5/8 and there is not that nagging feeling in the back of my mind every time I look at it on the shelf about not being original un messed with.

Regards Mark K