Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4th SAS shoulder flash.

Article about: Hi everyone, any thoughts on this one. would love a second opinion! kind regards Ed

Default 4th SAS shoulder flash.

Hi everyone, any thoughts on this one.
    would love a second opinion!

kind regards
    Ed

4th SAS shoulder flash.4th SAS shoulder flash.4th SAS shoulder flash.4th SAS shoulder flash.4th SAS shoulder flash.

any thoughts gents?

3rd and 4th SAS were the French SQNs of the SAS Bde in action from 1944 I believe. So, these are likely quite scarce. Not my area of expertise but I think they should have rounded ends rather than square?

I am sure we have someone here who can give chapter and verse on these!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The most obvious fault with it is that 4th SAS did not wear shoulder titles, so there is no need to comment on the other issues with it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Text and images from a book on special forces insignia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4th SAS shoulder flash.   4th SAS shoulder flash.  

Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The most obvious fault with it is that 4th SAS did not wear shoulder titles, so there is no need to comment on the other issues with it.
    Haha, good point well made. Looks like I was right about round ends though

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Well thats just p*ss@d on my fireworks then Jerry

If these titles never existed, or there is no evidence of their existence, why are there so many all over the net?
    Why are they being produced at all?

SAS badge set

At that price, they are very cheap and the one shown in the link appears to be a perfect match, so a fiver + VAT for 4 titles and a wing, bargain! Though if you paid any more than a quid or two for an individual title, then you was robbed.
    Regards,

Jerry

As to why they were produced, the same reason any other fantasy or fake garbage is produced, to part people from their money.
    Regards,

Jerry

At that price, they are very cheap and the one shown in the link appears to be a perfect match, so a fiver + VAT for 4 titles and a wing, bargain! Though if you paid any more than a quid or two for an individual title, then you was robbed.
    Quite so! As an aside a point to note is that although that particular dealer sells some very good product it is almost entirely aimed at the the re-enactor / repro market. They are not dishonest but they are a business and the trick is to look for something offered as 100% original and make sure that you read the description fully. They do not say that these flashes are repro but neither do they say they are original. So as Jerry points out, other factors such as cost not to mention historical accuracy come into play!

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast