Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

508 pir in Nottingham 1944

Article about: Shame on me really, only just got round to a visit of Wollaton Hall home of the 508 PIR, pre d-day and Holland, really strange that the guys also had a game of baseball at Meadow Lane home o

They were mainly Italians.

Cheers, Ade.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers , Ade,, they had it tough there then, beautiful place like that,, do you know if they have any event days there still.

Some events do take place there from time to time. I don't have any dates though. Armed Forces Day does spring to mind.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you,, if you hear of any could you let me know please,, be nice to meet some like minded people.

Sure!

wow, great read, thank you.

Gidday GW here's a 508th PIR patch,note fat devil and white butt stock which denotes WWII version. The skinny devil and black butt denotes post WWII late 40's early 50's.

Phill

Name:  508PIR-1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  43.9 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	508PIR-1 Reverse.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	844965

been back today and noticed a letter to the people of Nottingham from one of the vets, it is to be opened in the year 2144, guess i will never know what is written, any idea Ade?
    "and when he gets to heaven,
    to saint peter he will tell:
    "Just another marine reporting, sir
    I've served my time in hell."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12