Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

82nd Airborne Grouping

Article about: Hello sirs, I picked this group up yesterday with a lot of paperwork and pictures. It was all stuffed in the old trunk shown in the first picture. Family members were cleaning out the house

Nice grouping! I was a little surprise to see he was assigned to a 4.2 inch Mortar Platoon! I always thought that the largest mortars used by airborne troops was the 81mm-guess I was wrong!! Anyway very nice!!

A few decent helmet insignias in a picture or two above for the helmet guys.

Is this 100th Division?

82nd Airborne Grouping

Quote by Gwar View Post
    A very good condition L.G.S. 39' L. Gottleib & Sohn.. without tab but still highly collectable.. Thanks for sharing..G
    Very interesting.. thank you. I have a 1964 Gottlieb pinball machine.. Any connection? Ha..

82nd Airborne Grouping

?

Killer group and find, Congratulations!!!!
    Regards,
    John

Hi Rich

Yep looks like a "Sons of Bitche" Century Soldier.

Phill

Outstanding find, thanks for sharing it with us

What a terrific find! The pictures are amazing. It was obvious this soldier took pride in his service and kept a lot of items and bringbacks. To your benefit!

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    What a terrific find! The pictures are amazing. It was obvious this soldier took pride in his service and kept a lot of items and bringbacks. To your benefit!
    Yes, I was thinking as I was going through things how nice it is that he saved so many pictures and documents. I even have his birth certificate, marriage license, receipts for 1940's bicycles, paperwork for jobs prior to the military (Norfolk Shipyard), military training/transportation/assignment paperwork, and he apparently went back to the shipyard after the military.

Also, love letters and not so "love" letters from girlfriends, letters from mom etc. Gives a small glimpse into his life at that time.

Best,
    Rob

?

That is one awesome grouping thanks for posting

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast