Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Air gunners cold weather mask

Article about: Here's mine, a Luftwaffe Airgunners Mask issued to bomber crews on the Eastern Front. It has no labels, only the name 'Fritzl' crayoned on the inside. Regards, Ned.

Default Re: Air gunners cold weather mask

Here's mine, a Luftwaffe Airgunners Mask issued to bomber crews on the Eastern Front. It has no labels, only the name 'Fritzl' crayoned on the inside.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Air gunners cold weather mask  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned....have never come across that mask.....THANKS FOR SHOWING .kinda scarey!!!!!!!!!!here is a WW2 German suede mask marked to a flight school.......................DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Air gunners cold weather mask   Air gunners cold weather mask  

Air gunners cold weather mask  

Hi Dave, Thanks for all the info and clarification - well appreciated.

Ned, a bit too "Gimp"-like..... what you might find in a Potsdamer Strasse bondage shop!

Dan

Dan........Thanks for posting,it gave me a chance to post the masks......................DAVE H

Dave, The reason i thought it was WW2 issue is because of the same one shown in the Joe Lyndhurst book from the 80's " Military Collectables" ( page 107 ) guess thats another "never let the facts get in the way of a good story" items, eh?

Cheers, Dan

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Here's mine, a Luftwaffe Airgunners Mask issued to bomber crews on the Eastern Front. It has no labels, only the name 'Fritzl' crayoned on the inside.

Regards, Ned.
    Looks like an S&M 'gimp' mask..LOL! Sorry, I couldnt help it, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Air gunners cold weather mask 

Quote by Dean View Post
    Looks like an S&M 'gimp' mask..LOL! Sorry, I couldnt help it, Ned.
    Is that what it really is...? I didn't know.... I like to wear it when I'm doing the Hoovering or showing my new 'friends' the old well in my cellar......I have to admit it looks very similar to the one that you like to wear Dean.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Dan,
    Just as Steve pointed out your mask is marked"" U.S AIR FORCE""........here is the photo from Joe Lindhursts book page 107 "" ARMY AIR FORCE"" really look the same...and still a good reference book...................DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Air gunners cold weather mask   Air gunners cold weather mask  

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi Dave, Thanks for all the info and clarification - well appreciated.

Ned, a bit too "Gimp"-like..... what you might find in a Potsdamer Strasse bondage shop!

Dan
    Dan, that is exactly what i was thinking.

These are all great masks ww2 or post. I never realized the USAF had made a model made of chamois.

Very good thread fellas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2