Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Another WW2 Airborne BD

Article about: Hi all! This BD has turned up recently. The Canadian made BD looks good, but what about the patches? I would like to have a second opinion... Thanks in advance for any info! Regards, Giorgos

Default Another WW2 Airborne BD

Hi all!

This BD has turned up recently. The Canadian made BD looks good, but what about the patches? I would like to have a second opinion... Thanks in advance for any info!

Regards, Giorgos

Another WW2 Airborne BD
    Another WW2 Airborne BD
    Another WW2 Airborne BD
    Another WW2 Airborne BD

?

Default Re: Another WW2 Airborne BD

Those badges look a little fresh on the BD ..

Regards

Gary J.

That would be my concern too. I am always wary of Canadian BD's with Airborne badges as these blouses often used to come up as surplus.

Cheers, Ade.

The badges look too new and the placement of the sergeants stripes would be too low.it is double dipping to have parachute regiment and airborne since they are duplicative and i do not believe the war department woud bear the cost.

Hi,
    Gary and Ade are right, was it offered and did you buy? If you did not buy who is selling it and what is the price,
    thanks.

Quote by britrecko View Post
    The badges look too new and the placement of the sergeants stripes would be too low.it is double dipping to have parachute regiment and airborne since they are duplicative and i do not believe the war department woud bear the cost.
    While it was not intended for Parachute units to wear the "Airborne" strip, this was actually done, especially within 6th Airborne Division. But stritly speaking it was against regulations.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by ARTE ET MARTE View Post
    Hi,
    Gary and Ade are right, was it offered and did you buy? If you did not buy who is selling it and what is the price,
    thanks.
    It's still being offered by a Greek dealer at 380 euro. I had my concerns about the patches looking too fresh and bright in comparison to the overall appearence of the BD, so I decided to have a second opinion by more experienced collectors.

Thanks for the replies everyone, some interesting info as well apart from the opinions on the item per se, as always!

Regards, Giorgos