Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bicycle, parachuter?

Article about: Hi guys, Saw this bicycle on auction, and I find it really nice, but I am no expert on these in anyway, so some of you might be able to give your opinion on this. If anyone could help me tow

Default Bicycle, parachuter?

Hi guys,

Saw this bicycle on auction, and I find it really nice, but I am no expert on these in anyway, so some of you might be able to give your opinion on this.
    If anyone could help me towards a value ( to know what to bid) could you please pm me.

KR

Karsten,

BTW, If anyone could help me towards a value ( to know what to bid) could you please pm me.
    Bicycle, parachuter?Bicycle, parachuter?Bicycle, parachuter?Bicycle, parachuter?Bicycle, parachuter?Bicycle, parachuter?Bicycle, parachuter?Bicycle, parachuter?

Default Re: Bicycle, parachuter?

Hi Karsten, this is a post war Danish made version.

It has been fitted with a British made saddle.

I think they are trying to pass it off as wartime by doing this.

Note these features:

wing nuts and mountings on the frame
    Lack of "BSA" sprocket
    Lack of BSA lamp holder
    Lack of brakes

Each year I see these sold at Beltring by Danish dealers openly as Danish bikes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Compare to mine here:

British BSA folding "Parabike"
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I cannot now recall the price that the Danish bikes were selling for? Maybe around £350/£400?

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Thanks for your help. I had a feeling that you would react to this thread :-)

KR

Karsten

I wonder why?

My pleasure to help.

Cheers, Ade.