Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

British beret badge, US cap patch

Article about: Hello. I have the attached items in my collection for quite a while and was wondering if anyone could pinpoint if they are form WW2 or not. I know the British badge is not real clear, but I

bud
    ?

Default British beret badge, US cap patch

Hello. I have the attached items in my collection for quite a while and was wondering if anyone could pinpoint if they are form WW2 or not. I know the British badge is not real clear, but I thought it might be identifiable. Any input would be great . Thanks in advance.

British beret badge, US cap patchBritish beret badge, US cap patchBritish beret badge, US cap patchBritish beret badge, US cap patch

Default Re: British beret badge, US cap patch

Hi Bud, the British badge is the cap badge for the Parachute Regt. Ususally those with this type of lug or "slider" fixing on the back are all considered post war issue. I cannot tell if it is original or not from the pics, sorry.

The US Parachute Artillery overseas cap insignia is postwar.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

bud
    ?

Hi Ade. Thanks for looking. Just out of curiosity (and I don't doubt you) what did you see on the artillery cap patch that identified it as postwar?

The way it is made as it is lacking the tan coloured edge found on wartime badges.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

bud
    ?

Great! Thanks for the quick response!