Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

British BSA folding "Parabike"

Article about: Speaking of para bikes...does anyone have any manuals or any information regarding how they Brits tested the folding bikes? Does anyone know of any bikes that were actually airdropped? Did t

?

Default Re: British BSA folding "Parabike"

*sigh* something else to look for now...

?

My dad jumped with one of these bikes on Operation Varsity, The Rhine Crossing. Unfortunately he lost it during the opening shock, he never did find it on landing. When he went back for the anniversary a couple of years ago my mum took great pleasure in pointing at every bycycle she saw and saying, is that it? lol

wijdoogen
    ?

Would anyone know what the original paint color that can be used to restore a folding bike? I just got a bike from Arnhem area and it has alot of other paint on it and would love to get it close to the original paint color.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Earlier issue bikes were "Service Brown" while later examples were Olive Green like mine. Try and find some of the original paint on the frame (it will be on top of the black stove enamel undercoat) and get it colour matched. That is how I did mine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

5293ben
    ?

Hello all.

I am trying to locate a parachute drop tube. Specifically the long hinge sided metal canister that would have been used to parachute drop weapons, munitions, radio transceivers etc into occupied territory by SOE to resistance groups. This would be for a new resistance based museum in Belgium.

Many thanks Ben.

British BSA folding "Parabike"

?

Excellent thread Ade & everybody else..I will be keeping my eye on this thread to see if anymore info comes up?.. Cheers Terry.

Bringing my very old thread back up as I have a fully restored BSA Parabike coming up in my March militaria sale @bamfords. I sold one at work 2 years ago which made £2000 hammer price.

The estimate on this one is £1500 to £2000.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British BSA folding "Parabike"  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

BSA Folding Bike – 1st Pattern: Early Twin Tube Model – JM-Militaria
    A very rare 1st pattern 'twin tube' BSA folding bike in stunning original condition.

?

is there a book published on these items? just courious?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast