Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

With British and Canadian Para Badges

Article about: Morning gents most of these shoulder flashes ,insignia and cap badges I have had in my collection for quite a few years. Three of the badges were in an old frame so yesterday I was in the pr

?

Default With British and Canadian Para Badges

Morning gents most of these shoulder flashes ,insignia and cap badges I have had in my collection for quite a few years.
    Three of the badges were in an old frame so yesterday I was in the process of pulling the frame apart to put all of them in one display and written in the back of the frame was (In memory of Lomas A Bridge to Far).
    This peaked my interest I tried to do a little research on the wings and cant find a set like them for comparison the first three photos are of the badges that were in the frame any help on this would be appreciated.
    I believe the Canadian Parachute Corps is a restrike as it lacks detail and the finish does not look correct to me .
    And I believe the small blue set of para wings in photo five are SAS. I have included a couple of photos of my early 1970's Canadian DPM jumpsmock manufactured by peerless
    Any and all comments are welcome

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture With British and Canadian Para Badges   With British and Canadian Para Badges  

With British and Canadian Para Badges   With British and Canadian Para Badges  

Last edited by Mark K; 04-24-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: fix text

?

Default Re: With British and Canadian Para Badges

Another set of insignia I was going to add to the display unfortunately these ones are glued to the backing cloth in the frame .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture With British and Canadian Para Badges   With British and Canadian Para Badges  

With British and Canadian Para Badges  

?

Hi Mark,very nice collection,here`s the only one that I have....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture With British and Canadian Para Badges  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

The first photo i believe is a dress blues wing badge, the second looks like a blazer badge and you are correct with the SAS jump wings and of course pegasus

Hi Mark,

I wonder if this is your chap?

George Lomas | ParaData

If not, I reckon Ade will be able to get somewhere on this for you!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Mark, sorry the insignia is all modern or repro.

Ned could be right on your man.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you for the replies gentlemen as to the insignia Some of it I knew to be modern airborne.
    Adrian when you are talking reproduction is it safe to say the pegasus bages ,Canadian first Para badges and the Airborne shoulder flash are the ones you are referring to.
    Thank you very much for the info and the link Ned I only wish there was a first name written on the backing in the frame gives me some were to start though.Nice set of wings Pete I will post mine up and my pathfinder badge when I get a chance.

Regards Mark K

Hi Mark, the Airborne and Pegasus printed titles were made in the early 1990's by a friend of mine, Harlan Glenn, as repros for re-enactors. The maroon colour is a bit off and is so distinctive. The embroidered Pegasus is just very badly executed. The 1st Can. Para. titles in printed form: the first one show on the left is very bad, with off set screen print. Actually, I overlooked the second one you showed, sorry. That does look OK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks very much Adrian all of the older looking titles were purchased from a garage sale quite a few years ago and I just recently came across them stowed away .Good news about the one shoulder flash though .Possibly I will put together a reenactors uniform to display some of the others.

Regards Mark K