Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

British para beret real or fake?

Article about: hi guys is this a repro para beret or genuine postwar?did kangol make postwar berets?any help please as i do like it,cheers dave.

Default British para beret real or fake?

hi guys is this a repro para beret or genuine postwar?did kangol make postwar berets?any help please as i do like it,cheers dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images British para beret real or fake? 

?

Default Re: British para beret real or fake?

Hi Dave
    According to wikipedia the company was producing berets as late as 2006 under the name brand untill they were sold and bought up and finaly shut down there UK operation in 2009 but are still producing berets out of Eastern Europe and the US .
    All the WW2 Airborne variations of this beret that I have looked at in the last few minutes were dated and had a slightly different font to the letters .
    Adrian has a thread dediated to these berets (The ww2 British Airborne Forces Red Beret ) It is very informative with some cracking examples

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images British para beret real or fake? 

Hi Dave, the beret shown is post war. Note the "slider pocket" which the cap badge lug fitting slots into. You can see two lines of stitching on the front of the beret for this behind the cap badge. This feature is never found on wartime berets.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

cheers ade and mark so its a genuine postwar made kangol para beret any guess to which decade its from?cheers dave.

Sorry, I don't really study post war made stuff.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Dave I did a little more searching around and Kangol beret's were date stamped untill 1954 after that there was only the Kangol brand name this changed in the early 1980's when the company took on a new design after that the image of the kangaroo started to appear on there labels.

Regards Mark K

?

A British Paratrooper would wear this beret without any problem.

K.