Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British paratrooper helmet

Article about: i cant now find them on my pc so will dig it out and photo it at the weekend its in the loft at the mo mate.

Default British paratrooper helmet

Hi just got this this morning has 44 stamped into leathe sweatband and E stamped inside leather of liner.Does this paticular model date from the 50's as it has green web and no BMB stamps etc.Can someone tell me please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British paratrooper helmet   British paratrooper helmet  

British paratrooper helmet   British paratrooper helmet  

NCA
    ?

Default Re: British paratrooper helmet

Shell looks good to me..Sometimes the markings are very faint.My para lid is stamped on the inside front.Not sure about the liner though..i thought all british ones were maker marked?
    The chinstrap looks to be IDF issue(Israeli Defense Force)Brit para lids were used postwar by them.

?

I think it might be a Dutch made helmet, the yellow rubber is making me go that way. The 44 is definitely not the date, but could be the metric size in cm.
    Aaron

Very odd is it a British shell with a later liner from another country?

Think it is Israeli as looks like evidence of middle eastern writing on side.I never knew the Dutch wore this pattern helmet thought they wore the M1.

heres the writing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British paratrooper helmet   British paratrooper helmet  

?

I think the Dutch, Belgiums & Israel used these helmets post war. I can't be sure if they were Brit shells with there own liners in or whether they made there own shells & liners.
    Here's a Brit WW2 one.
    Aaron

British paratrooper helmet   British paratrooper helmet  

do you know if they fetch good money? i know the Brit ones do as i had to pay a good whack out for my one its definately right and has the earlier leather strap on.

?

Re-enactors will sometimes pay good money for them if there a good size. Anywhere from£150-£250 & more sometimes on Ebay. Have you got any pics of your leather chin strap one?

Yes should be in the archives had it on here last year

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast