Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Type C Drop Container - SOE Norway

Article about: British Type C Drop Cannister - SOE Norway I picked this up the other day, it is an original British "Type C Drop Cannisterr" parachuted down to Norwegian resistance fighters (SOE)

Default British Type C Drop Cannister - SOE Norway

British Type C Drop Cannister - SOE Norway

I picked this up the other day, it is an original British "Type C Drop Cannisterr" parachuted down to Norwegian resistance fighters (SOE) agents during the war.
    It has the original markings and numbers and with the original paint still intact..
    It was recovered from a small lake in the woods near Oslo a couple years ago after being dumped/hidden by the SOE agents after unpacking them..

I packed it with some random stuff and dropped down into my Nabors garden LOL

I am looking for an original parachute for this and other items to fill it with. If anybody has anything that they are willing to sell (send me a PM)

Best regards from Norway!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Type C Drop Container - SOE Norway   British Type C Drop Container - SOE Norway  

British Type C Drop Container - SOE Norway   British Type C Drop Container - SOE Norway  

British Type C Drop Container - SOE Norway   British Type C Drop Container - SOE Norway  

Last edited by oksnevad_2; 06-11-2011 at 10:21 PM.

?

Default Re: British Type C Drop Container - SOE Norway

Thats a real nice find !!!
    .. Notice how the crash pan has not been squashed !!! .. are you sure it didn't come down in the water ?

Gary J.

Very nice indeed.

A Dutch friend of mine had some chutes for sale. I will check to see if he still has them.

Cheers, Ade.

Gary J
    I have all the info about this Drop canister in a book somewhere..
    I know what was packed in it and who it was dropped down to, were and when it was dropped etc! Most parts of
    Norway was a hard country du receive canisters via parachute, the mountains and rugged heavily forested terrain would resemble Canada or something. The canisters were often dropped down on small dried out lakes/ marches, and since the drop area was so small and the wind during the time of year when air operations in Norway was possible (dark nights), the canisters were miss dropped everywhere! The resistance fighters had to run around in the dark without flashlights and collect all the Containers (5 or 7) usually. Sometimes they were only 2 -3 people! They had to quickly recover the containers and hide them in already dug and acquired hiding places before the Germans came..

I think mine and some of the others drifted into an old forested area and the parachute entangled itself on one of the big trees. ...

Ade: Thanks Ade, I appreciate it

Hi all does anyone have any specs on the chutes for these like size ,colour , markings cheers guys

Brush up on your French as the info is here:

SouvenirSAS-Pge Containers & Parachutes Materiels
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Wow great site how do you guys find these gems Merci,,,,