Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British WW2 airborne cloth insignia ?

Article about: Hi, doing my usual trawl of the local collectables market today came across these airborne patches, they appear period to me and bought from a trusted scource, would appreciate you guys expe

jwp
    ?

Default British WW2 airborne cloth insignia ?

Hi, doing my usual trawl of the local collectables market today came across these airborne patches, they appear period to me and bought from a trusted scource, would appreciate you guys expert opinion on them, many thanks in anticipation,
    regards, John.

British WW2 airborne cloth insignia ?British WW2 airborne cloth insignia ?British WW2 airborne cloth insignia ?British WW2 airborne cloth insignia ?

jwp
    ?

Just to add this title came with the airborne lot, many thanks.

British WW2 airborne cloth insignia ?British WW2 airborne cloth insignia ?

If all is correct, you did very well, the early full Recon Corps title is rare, as is the Airborne title and the glider badge. the slit feather para wing is also very cool. Hard to be certain from your images but I think you chose wisely sir.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Let me now if you want to part with any of them assuming they are all good.
    Regards,

Jerry

jwp
    ?

thanks Jerry, did a bit of research and it seems there was some good quality repros of this insigna produced in the 1970s so wondering if these may be those ? would be nice if they were period though !

jwp
    ?

found this pic online of an original ww2 example, mines pretty close but still not sure.

Quote by jwp View Post
    found this pic online of an original ww2 example, mines pretty close but still not sure.

I have one of these, in fact that is my one. I also have one of the Airborne strips.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WW2 airborne cloth insignia ?   British WW2 airborne cloth insignia ?  

Regards,

Jerry

I just checked in a reference book I have and you r Airborne title is an original thought to be a private purchase type.
    Regards,

Jerry

The glider infantry badge is also good and the para wings, in fact I think all are good now I can see them on my laptop rather than my phone. the glider infantry badge is not quite an exact match for any of the variants I can look at but it has so many good features that it must be correct. The split feather para wing is a good one. the Recon Corps title is a cool early one. I only have the later type when they dropped corps from it. There almost endless variants of the later Recon title without the Corps in it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WW2 airborne cloth insignia ?  
    Regards,

Jerry

jwp
    ?

many thanks for all the extra info Jerry, looks like i got lucky there, much appreciated,
    regards, John.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast