Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BSA Para bike??

Article about: by Tango Good going Doug..Thats why I'm sittng on the fence at the moment as I don't want to waste good money on something that might not happen!!!..Have you any detailed photos you could se

?

Default BSA Para bike??

Hello Gents

Just a few questions if I may?. I have seen this Para bike up for sale..I was wondering if it would be ok to attempt to restore it or would be like trying to take candy from a fat kid???.."hard"..Now I never restored anything before so I thought I would start of smallish!! Before buying something like HMS Hermes & doing that up...Now the questions?
    1,How much would you pay for this heap?
    2,Is it easy to find parts?
    3,And is it real?
    4 And would you give it a go or am I just being a donut??..

Thanks for any answers & info.. Cheers Terry. BSA Para bike??BSA Para bike??BSA Para bike??BSA Para bike??BSA Para bike??

It is real.

Some bits would need to come off, like the mudguards, carrier, pedals, seat, etc.

Parts can be made or found. It will take time, but it would be easy enough to restore. I have done three in my time.

They are now fetching well over £1000.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade for the info..All good stuff I will continue to observe it & see what happens a little closer to the time..I wouldn't doing a bit of restoring just so I can spend more time the garage..lol..It's a good excuse..Cheers Terry.

Do it terry it would look great restored to it's former glory

?

Yeah I'm thinking Matthew..but I don't want to be left with a rusty frame in the garage doing nothing lol.. So I will ask around first before commiting myself....I will keep you posted.. Cheers Terry.

?

Parts are expensive. I have one that needed a seat, bought one on eBay and it was expensive but my BSA is pretty much complete.

?

Good going Doug..Thats why I'm sittng on the fence at the moment as I don't want to waste good money on something that might not happen!!!..Have you any detailed photos you could send me so it might get me started & inspired..lol.. Thanks again & Cheers Terrry.

Hi Terry, I trust you have seen my bike?

A Seat was on E Bay the other day.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yeah I had a quick glance at Ade I will be looking again & this time more in depth...I found a chap on the Milweb site who deals in bikes & he seems a nice gent so I will be looking at his website & keeping my mince pies peeled on this frame see how much it going up too?? I now have a rough price for the frame so I know whether to bid or not??. Thanks again Terry.

A few years ago, a neighbour and friend of mine bought an entire shipping container of these which he purchased in India, along with a couple of bins full of WW2 American tankers helmets and various other bits of kit, they were all Indian army surplus. Suffice to say it's all gone long since, although Jeremy still has a para bike that gets a peddling around the lanes here on nice sunny days.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast