Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Airborne Regiment Berets

Article about: 1955 dated Maroon beret as produced by Dorothea Knitting Mills.. This particular example has never had a lugged cap badge mounted which likely means it never saw 50 or 60's service. It is my

?

Default Canadian Airborne Regiment Berets

1955 dated Maroon beret as produced by Dorothea Knitting Mills..
    This particular example has never had a lugged cap badge mounted which likely means it never saw 50 or 60's service.
    It is my understanding from a fellow collector whom discussed this with someone whom had worked QM for CAR that they were still issuing 50's dated maroon berets into the 70/80's
    Canadian Airborne Regiment ( CAR ) Officers private purchase beret sporting a cloth wire bullion cap badge..
    It is my understanding from a fellow collector that these berets were available for purchase from the kit shop and it was quite common for officers to either purchase British and or Pakistani manufactured examples..
    A rather nice addition to the collection is this Post War Canadian Airborne beret badged to the Royal Twenty Second Regiment ( R22R )..
    As the liner has been removed there is no way to positively date this beret which was very common practice of the time to facilitate a better fit to the wearers head and the side has been sewn over with a single stitch of black thread to hold it in place...
    There are a few clues that can help us pinpoint the time of construction though such as there are no air vent grommets on the side of the beret,
    There is no allowance ( sewn pocket ) for a slider type cap badge and the material used in the front of the beret as a stiffener does indicate it was likely manufactured in the late 1950's through the mid to late 1960's
    Regards Mark K

Very fine selection of canuck berets Mark, as you know I have one of those private purchase bullion badges....thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Airborne Regiment Berets  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Cheers Jerry now if I could snag up a war time Kango with a nice 1st Can Para Battalion cap badge this particular section of my collection would be complete..

Regards Mark

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Cheers Jerry now if I could snag up a war time Kango with a nice 1st Can Para Battalion cap badge this particular section of my collection would be complete..

Regards Mark
    That really would be something to get.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.