Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canvas Parachute Corps Pegasus/Airborne insignia

Article about: Good morning gentlemen I would like to add a couple of insignia/patches to my 1 Canadian Parachute corps display I have one original shoulder flash in my display now and a capbadge. I have s

?

Default Canvas Parachute Corps Pegasus/Airborne insignia

Good morning gentlemen I would like to add a couple of insignia/patches to my 1 Canadian Parachute corps display I have one original shoulder flash in my display now and a capbadge.
    I have seen this printed canvas Pegasus come up for sale to my eyes the detail and the backing look to be correct but I would like some other opinions if possible it would make a nice addition to my canvas shoulder title.

The second badge I am not to shur on as it is still attached to a wool backing and is reported to have been removed from a war time BD so it is impossible to see the back side I would welcome any and all opinions on either of these two insignia.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canvas Parachute Corps Pegasus/Airborne insignia   Canvas Parachute Corps Pegasus/Airborne insignia  

Attached Images Attached Images Canvas Parachute Corps Pegasus/Airborne insignia  Canvas Parachute Corps Pegasus/Airborne insignia 

?

Default Re: Canvas Parachute Corps Pegasus/Airborne insignia

Would like to give this thread a little kick start if I may.

Regards Mark K

?

Ist one looks OK, 2nd dosn't. Note that the printed pegasus patch was also used post war.
    Pete

?

Thanks for your opinion on the subject Pete any ideal if the cloth pegasus patches were war time manufactured or were they manufactured post war as well .

Regards Mark k

?

That I don't know Mark, but probably, as other patches were printed for purely post war formations.
    Pete
    As an aside, in my youth, we regularly went to London and bought ex-army Kahki bush jackets for 5 shillings (25 n.p.) each and they all had printed pegasus patches on the arms,. I had so many I couldn't give them away!!! Wartime dated American combat jackets were the same price. Lord knows how many of both I have worn out. Ho hum.

?

To be young again and know what we know now Pete there are many things I would have started to collect as a lad and put away for safe keeping.

Regards Mark k

?

I just got mine out to look at and the reverse blue? colour sems a lot more dense than the one your showing. I will do a scan of the reverse tomorrow, in the mean time, here is a pic. of the front.

?

Thank you for you time Pete I have not yet commited to purchasing either of the two badges shown as I was looking for some imput first before spending my hard earned cash.

Regards Mark K

?

here you go Mark.

?

Thanks Pete I will compare your photos and some others of known originals with two separate ones being offered up for sale right now I shall post images of the other one tonight.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast