Hello everyone, I'm new here.

I am interested in equipment used by Army and Royal Marine Commandos in Burma in 1944-45 and specially I would like to know what type and colour of bergen rucksacks they used, but it seems there are not much information on it.

I understand they used bergen rucksacks there as I have seen a monochrome photo of RM Commandos landing in Burma in January 1945 and some of them seemed to carry bergen rucksacks, but am not sure their exact colour (at least the straps on the top lid were brighter than the bodies). And I have looked 'Osprey Elite No.57 The Royal Marines 1939-93' through and I found an illustration of a RM Commando in Burma carrying Bergen rucksack but it was on his back so I could not identify its shape and details other than its colour (seemed to be grey or something) and there were no further explanation.

I assume they used 1944 rubberised waterproof type, but in what colour? I understand that 'D-Day' type dark green / brown body with tan coloured strap like this (P42 British Army 'Bergen' rucksack 1943.) would be standard colour for 1944 pattern bergen rucksacks, but there are some in different colours too: light green body with tan coloured strap ones (possibly used by SAS and / or SBS) and also all light green ones like this (https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...sack-247264198).

So, which coloured one was used in Burma? Does anybody have ideas on it? Thank you in advance.