Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Curved Airborne Title

Article about: Hi Guys What are your thoughts on this: The letters look too narrow and the backing looks 50's or a repro ,but I'm only guessing. I have seen several WWII era curved Airborne titles which ha

Default Curved Airborne Title

Hi Guys

What are your thoughts on this:

The letters look too narrow and the backing looks 50's or a repro ,but I'm only guessing.

I have seen several WWII era curved Airborne titles which have a thicker thread maybe a darker blue and possibly slightly longer.

Phill

Attachment 847099Attachment 847100

Hi Phil, you have got it covered. I don't like that one either. Pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade

I'm going to post several more titles:

The Airborne title has that straight thread and the black reverse bobbin thread similar to my 1944 Parachute wing.

Parachute Regiment Title looks okay in as much as the curvature of the letters are pretty much perfect and the backing and the reverse thick thread looks okay?

I'm trying to learn as I go.

Phill

Attachment 847110Attachment 847111 Attachment 847112Attachment 847113

These are good.

But the Parachute Regt title in these colours was a post war issue.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade

I will go for the straight WWII Airborne Title .

I didn't look at my notes properly I have the parachute Regiment as post War 1947 or 50's.

Phill

The straight airborne was quite shortlived, mind you all the WWII period titles were shortlived as they were superseded by the curved para reg type in purple you showed.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry

Spending only a week on WWII-1950's/ repro British Airborne makes my head hurt,

Phill

?

I'm quite positive that the airborne strip is a replica; the only original badge shown is the post-war Parachute Regiment title.

Thanks LucN

I never purchased the strip , I wasn't convinced based on Brit Airborne Insignia book, it didn't have sizing on the back which apparently was the norm for the period and the letters looked uneven compared to legit ones I have seen.

I could try to convince myself and say "well it looks like locally produced so it must be real!?" which a lot of elite unit collectors do and pay the price for fakes or replica's.

If i'm wrong in my logic please correct me.

Phill

?

Quote by Phill Lockett View Post
    it didn't have sizing on the back which apparently was the norm for the period
    Here are three different airborne strips that have a backing cloth.
    The biggest give away is the horizontal stitching; that is rarely found on badges like these or shoulder titles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Curved Airborne Title   Curved Airborne Title  

Attached Images Attached Images Curved Airborne Title 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast