Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Denison smock(canadian)

Article about: Hi, Made by CWS Ltd, & a size 5, with canadian wings on the left chest. there were at one time, 2 pips on the shoulders. On both arms there are 2 pockets which have been removed from an

?

Default Denison smock(canadian)

Hi, Made by CWS Ltd, & a size 5, with canadian wings on the left chest. there were at one time, 2 pips on the shoulders. On both arms there are 2 pockets which have been removed from an oversmock & stitched on by the owner. inside at the rear of the smock he has unstitched the double thickness of the material, & made a large pocket. this is buttoned up by using a cufflink. A very original personalised smock.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denison smock(canadian)   Denison smock(canadian)  

Denison smock(canadian)   Denison smock(canadian)  

Default Re: Denison smock(canadian)

There is something not right about this as the extra(grenade) pockets on the sleves are not in the right place. These were attached to the bottom of the smock by the side tabs. And the wings look like a bad stitch job , any Officer would have got flack for this from the Co. It this is a real deal, it would be one in a million.

Anthony

?

Quote by Panzercommander View Post
    There is something not right about this as the extra(grenade) pockets on the sleves are not in the right place. These were attached to the bottom of the smock by the side tabs. And the wings look like a bad stitch job , any Officer would have got flack for this from the Co. It this is a real deal, it would be one in a million.

Anthony
    Hi,
    It is 1 in a million, it's a great smock. I've seen the pockets stiched on the rear of a smock aswell, plus he unstiched the material at the rear to make a poachers pocket, & used a cufflink to button it together. A couple of people who know a bit about smocks say it is fantastic.
    Aaron

That is one sweet jacket. I have never seen the Canadian version. Fantastic.
    How did you come across it? Know any history on the man?

?

Hi,
    I was after a fibre rim para helmet on USA Ebay, & with it was this smock, Canadian trousers, Brit BD, & a face veil. I'd thought I'd sell the Dennison when it all arrived. But after seeing it there was no way I was going to do that. It came from Australia, I think the Canadian was attached to a British formation, after the war he settled in Aus', I'm hoping to get a picture of him in the next month or so. I have been told that as he painted the brass poppers, his pips, & his wings, that it could have been used on a night drop, maybe D/Day, to alter a smock in such a way, it must have been important.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denison smock(canadian)   Denison smock(canadian)  

Wasn't there some Airborne cats dropped for Dieppe..?

Is the Canadian smock British issued? Did a company over here make those?
    Any ideas?

?

Hi,
    I'm pretty sure all the Dennison smocks were British made, then issued to the Canadians.
    Aaron

Very nice indeed!

Aaron is correct: all smocks were British made.

No Airborne involvement at Dieppe.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Guys,

I see this nice tread of this very special Denison, one of a kind for sure.

but i have something simular in my collection and like to share with you!!

Also the stitched extra pockets, but here 2 pieces sewn on each side of the jacket, also all the double pieces in the jacket are cut open for extra storage, long zipper sewn in the same way as the extra pockets, first i thougt the were tears but later i find out it was done by the owner for sure.

hope ytou like it!!

Please let me know what you think!!??Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)Denison smock(canadian)