Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Denison smock real or repro?? help needed please

Article about: Hi guys just received this and purchased it on the understanding it was ww2.I am very suspicious the 1/cuffs look to new 2/thee brass studs are not newey but have ck st on them. 3/the zip ha

Default Denison smock real or repro?? help needed please

Hi guys just received this and purchased it on the understanding it was ww2.I am very suspicious the 1/cuffs look to new 2/thee brass studs are not newey but have ck st on them. 3/the zip has no maker on it and looks newish it just looks too new to me and aged am i right please help so i can get a refund while its not too late.Also lack of any label or evidence of a label.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denison smock real or repro?? help needed please   Denison smock real or repro?? help needed please  

Denison smock real or repro?? help needed please   Denison smock real or repro?? help needed please  

Denison smock real or repro?? help needed please   Denison smock real or repro?? help needed please  

Denison smock real or repro?? help needed please  

Default Re: Denison smock real or repro?? help needed please

Now as i look at the colours im unsure of the pattern ?? am i getting paranoid now!!!!

?

Hi,
    Send it back first post in the morning, zips wrong,poppers are wrong & on the this pattern shoud'nt have poppers on the back to hold up the tail. The colour of the material is odd too. Probably a made up piece or a post war denison.
    Aaron

Thank you my fear confirmed just noticed the draw cord around the waist did these exist?

in the box awaiting the morning

?

Hi,
    NO they never had a draw string, just as well you posted it up here, but then that's what these forums are for.
    All the best. Aaron

Sound advice.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yep as others have state it is a repro, going by your picture's its one of the earlier production styles coming out of Pakistan / India. Some of these have colour fastness issues on the screen printed camo which may account for is washed out look, if not someone's used the old Dylon colour run remover trick, which will have the same effect, unfortunately this is a very strong chemical bleaching agent which also attacks the cottons fibres.

Nige H
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "