Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings help

Article about: Hi, I recently acquired this, what appears to be a WW2 Dennison, 2nd Pattern that may be altered with button Loops in the collar. Or, from viewing previous threads, it may be a Royal Marine

?

Default Dennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings help

Hi, I recently acquired this, what appears to be a WW2 Dennison, 2nd Pattern that may be altered with button Loops in the collar. Or, from viewing previous threads, it may be a Royal Marine alteration design.
    My interest is the "painted/screened/drawn" Jump Wings on the right breast. Has anyone ever seen this, or have any information, origins, ideas for this drawing.
    Any comments, thoughts, and/or ideas about this smock would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings helpDennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings helpDennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings helpDennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings helpDennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings helpDennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings helpDennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings helpDennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings helpDennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings help

Normally with the buttons it is postwar used by the Belgium army, the date on the label looks later added to me

British wings are worn on the right arm not the chest.

Post war UK Denison but used by a foreign force.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks for your thoughts. I realize the para wings are normally on the arm/shoulder. But I also thend to recall seeing a photo of wings being worn on the chest...but the left side.. and sewn.

The Dutch Paras sometimes wear them on their chest

I would agree with Jerry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade for chiming in. With the 1944 tag, would I be correct, to assume that it was manufactured in 1944, maybe used during that time/WW2, maybe not... and then as surplus, used by a foreign force? The Dennison seem to have had a lot of use. It seems to be heavily repaid and altered. It seems that the collar was replace and loops put in. Also the front of the smock has had the full zipper either removed and stitched or tighten the width of the smock. Also, do you have any idea or guess on the "wings" on the right chest? I've seen some Canadians have sewn wings, but on the left chest?
    Thanks

Dennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings helpDennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings helpDennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings helpDennison 2nd Pattern Jump Wings help