Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!

Article about: Very neat addition to your collection, fine maps indeed. All you need to find is a slight variation and then it is impossible to part with! I will be posting a very rare MI-9 German Identity

A rare early Air Ministry silk map covering Italy in very good condition. Sheets 9.J3 and 9.J4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Hi,

I have this map in a RAF group:

I have this items in a USAAF CBI group:

I like the US flag

Another Bartholomew map. This one is sheets S2 and S3 and amongst others covers Italy and Greece and has an inset covering Crete. It is near mint condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

This is a single sided Bartholomew map. It is sheet T.1. Which covers the area surrounding the Black Sea. It is shown alongside the double sided version

I have a lot of silk maps to value this morning at work. The "trouble" is they are all mint and in quantity, like 10 of France/Germany!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Wow! Are they Bartholomew maps or the 43 series?

A bit of both.

Been sorting them out into lots.

I will post up once finalised and the client is happy. Her Dad collected back in the day when these were cheap and cheerful items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    I can't add anymore to your list I'm afraid. I haven't come across an RAAF button compas yet. I'm sure I have seen a FAA version but can't recall where.

Anyone?? Surely there are others I’m not aware of? Anyone ever heard of any others?

Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast