Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!

Article about: Very neat addition to your collection, fine maps indeed. All you need to find is a slight variation and then it is impossible to part with! I will be posting a very rare MI-9 German Identity

Default Re: Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!

This USAAF pilot carries the .45 shoulder holster which was preferred by many Airmen. He also has a ACME Thunderer whistle attached to the zip of his AN 6550 summer flying suit in case he ditches into the sea.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Default Re: Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!

FAR EASTERN SURVIVAL LAND & SEA. This booklet was available to all of the services and outlines survival techniques from catching food to first aid. There is also a section in the rear of the book which identifies 'Far Eastern types'! There was also a 'silk' version of this book.
    Attached Images Attached Images Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more! 

?

Very interesting items and great information on all of the items as well. Thanks for sharing all of these. I think its cool that you found a specific collecting interest

POINTY TALKIE Number 5. A booklet written in a number of languages and with colour pictures at the rear of the book. It was designed so that if an airman was shot down he could identify a phrase written in English and point to the foreign equivalent in order to get food, help, etc.

It is shown with an USAAF silk map, cloth survival chart for the navigation of rubber rafts, US escape compass and water proof matches case
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more! 

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Very interesting items and great information on all of the items as well. Thanks for sharing all of these. I think its cool that you found a specific collecting interest
    Thanks for the comments. This is just part of my collection, before I managed to delete all of the images I had ever uploaded on to War Relics I had probably shown about a third of it! The Escape and Evasion is just part of my collection, I have everything from deact guns, uniforms, helmets to a weather balloon and bottle of Lea and Perrins sauce! I am concentrating on this thread at the moment as the previous one I had on the same subject had the most views - I still have a lot more to go, I haven't even started on the silk maps!

POINT IT OUT. A booklet similar to 'POINTY TALKIE', however, this one is mainly full of pictures. It was issued on the run up to D-Day for the European Theatre of war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

A British 'blood chit' for use if shot down over Russia. Much rarer than the Far Eastern version. This one is printed on Rayon

Attached Images Attached Images Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more! 

A Far Eastern 'Blood chit' for use in the South East Asia theatre of war

A small silk Union flag. I believe these were issued late in the war alongside the blood chit to be waved frantically at a local in the vain hope that they may assist you!
    Attached Images Attached Images Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more! 

Shown together, the Far Eastern 'blood chit', silk Union flag, escape compass in waterproof 'blister', Far Eastern survival booklet and a 44 series escape map
    Attached Images Attached Images Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more! 

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast