Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Great Grandfathers Beret and Medals

Article about: Here is a picture of my great grandfathers beret, he served in the SAS and alongside Ed Blondeel he was a founder of 5th SAS in Belgium. I was wondering if anyone could give me any informati

?

Default Great Grandfathers Beret and Medals

Here is a picture of my great grandfathers beret, he served in the SAS and alongside Ed Blondeel he was a founder of 5th SAS in Belgium. I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on his medals.

Thankyou so much in advance

Hello Stephanie,
    This thread explains how to post photos to your thread.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Pictures, sorry i couldnt work out how to post them. Thankyou
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great Grandfathers Beret and Medals   Great Grandfathers Beret and Medals  

Great items to have, a shame you don't have his WWII SAS beret or any of his badges from then. The 51 dated ABL beret is very nice.

I have named the British WWII medals for you, an online search should allow you to name his Belgian medals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great Grandfathers Beret and Medals  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thankyou jerry for your help, he was also knighted too, i have alot of important original documents from his time in the SAS one of which was from Operation GAFF he was one of the six posted to this, its very interesting so im currently trying to get translations as alot are in Belgian so i am struggling to read

Regards

?

Great Grandfathers Beret and Medals

Your medals are...

Top left to right... Volunteer medal... 39-45 star... Croix de Guerre... Order of Leopold 11

Middle row.... Medal of the Volunteer... Defence medal... Loyalty medal... Victory medal

Bottom row... Volunteer medal (again)… France & Germany star... 39 - 45 star

Cheers,
    Steve.

Update...

I see you have posted the certificate which goes with the 'Order of Leopold 11', that's nice to have with the medal. I can't help you with the dagger I'm afraid. I may also add that all these items are very nice to have, and they are a symbol of your great grandfather's bravery during the last war. They are proof of his personal involvement to make Belgium a free country once again. I hope that you keep and treasure them. Send a pm to stuka f, I am sure that he would only be too pleased to help you out.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Hello all!
    indeed very nice and interesting items!
    By the look of the plug I can see you are located in the UK! ;-)
    The dagger looks French by the "N" (probably standing for Napoleon...)on it.
    But would need better pictures of it.
    Best in day light if possible.

I have to go now but will check this post again asap.
    Thanks Steve, for pointing it out to me.

Cheers

Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Also would like to know what is written on the bar that sits on the ribbon of the first medal, please.
    K
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Also would like to know what is written on the bar that sits on the ribbon of the first medal, please.
    K
    It seems to be 1940 - 194?... I can't make out the last number, but maybe 3?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast