Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

History of the 3rd S.A.S?

Article about: I have been looking everywhere trying to find info on the 3rd S.A.S but I have not found anything. When were they formed and when were they disbanded? I have a 68 pattern DPM smock with a 3r

Default History of the 3rd S.A.S?

I have been looking everywhere trying to find info on the 3rd S.A.S but I have not found anything. When were they formed and when were they disbanded? I have a 68 pattern DPM smock with a 3rd S.A.S patch on it and I'm trying to find out if it's original to the smock.History of the 3rd S.A.S?

I dont think its original to the smock , i think 3rd SAS were French SAS in ww2 and i think it just added to tart the smock up

?

I think you are right there Mr Kradman the 3rd SAS were a French unit.. & also the regiments would have established by the time this smock was produced!! So I thinks it has been placed there for whatever reason.But not regimental reasons.. Cheers Terry.

?

Hi the 3rd SAS title is a post war reproduction I am afraid.3rd and 4th SAS were French SAS units in ww 2.
    Cheers,
    JB

Quote by CSM Gray View Post
    I have been looking everywhere trying to find info on the 3rd S.A.S but I have not found anything. When were they formed and when were they disbanded? I have a 68 pattern DPM smock with a 3rd S.A.S patch on it and I'm trying to find out if it's original to the smock.History of the 3rd S.A.S?

Thank you guys for the responses I didn't receive the emails till now. This a nice 68 pattern smock I don't why someone had to mess with it.