Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!

Article about: I bought these of the net, 2 dug up SOE message keys, I have only seen 2 original non-dug ones over the years. Real keys of this type were solid, as you can see with these ones, they are hol

?

Default I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!

I bought these of the net, 2 dug up SOE message keys, I have only seen 2 original non-dug ones over the years.

Real keys of this type were solid, as you can see with these ones, they are hollow, and in one photo you can see the threads for the cap that would cover the open end.. finding a none dug one is hard, but I think finding 2 dug up ones is much harder.
    These will go well with my other dug up SOE bits.

Dean O
    Canada

I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!

?

Old keys? Or is it something else?

?

These were made for the SOE or the AUX units, they look like keys, but you would put a message in it, then screw the cap back on and no one would know it was there, this is just one type of device used by SOE, AUX. and OSS to hide and deliver messages.

I have been collecting some SOE items, as I got really interested in this sort of thing while running the Camp X Museum that was in Whitby Ontario

Camp X was opened just before Pearl Harbour to train the 1st Americans in this sort of warfare, they formed the OSS, however you never hear about Camp X on shows about the OSS..funny that!

Dean O
    Canada

?

Very interesting pieces, i have never seen anything like it.

Very unique items indeed!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Here is a repro of another type of message holder, this is the "drop" type
    This bolt could be in any machinery or bridge ect, the head has a backward thread, a message would be put in it, then picked up by someone else, this kept the differant cells of the group from knowing each other.

Dean O
    Canada

I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!I Love Dug Up S O E items!!!

?

First ones I have ever seen. Very rare I imagine.

?

There are so many items used by AUX units, the SOE and the OSS you cannot imagian.
    I have one of the original 4 books known to exist put out by SOE about all thing nasty.

I love this stuff, but it also scares me with the new, groups out there that want to hurt us.

Take Care

Dean O

nice find Dean.