Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ID Two airborne badges, please?

Article about: Hello. This is my first post here. I have a small collection of aurborne items. Two of them I haven't been able to identify and was wondering if anyone here could. One of them is Polish, but

bud
    ?

Default ID Two airborne badges, please?

Hello. This is my first post here. I have a small collection of aurborne items. Two of them I haven't been able to identify and was wondering if anyone here could. One of them is Polish, but I am not sure if it is Naval Infantry of something else. I don't know what the second one is but it might be British. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!ID Two airborne badges, please?ID Two airborne badges, please?ID Two airborne badges, please?ID Two airborne badges, please?

?

Default Re: ID Two airborne badges, please?

The Polish Badge is a post WW2 commemorative badge of parachutists associated with the "AK" .... (Home Army.)
    (Poles trained to drop into Poland from allied lines as couriers and agents etc.)

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    The Polish Badge is a post WW2 commemorative badge of parachutists associated with the "AK" .... (Home Army.)
    (Poles trained to drop into Poland from allied lines as couriers and agents etc.)

Gary J.
    The above is true, but not original as onlt 356 issued.

The other wing is an SAS 50s.

Concerning Polish para badge - it's standard modern badge with "Fightning Poland" (PW) sign inside the wreath (instead of number of jumps).
    It was 316 "Polish SOE" jumpers sent to Poland but it is unknown with the number of commemorative para wings with PW symbol. There are known a few WW II combat para badges with PW symbol addes after the WW II.
    Rafal