Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ligit M1C airborne helmet and westinghouse liner??

Article about: Am new to airborne items still. Only have the original garrisson cap I posted before. was offered this helmet. Expensive still but 500 euro cheaper then the average dealership offered helmet

Default ligit M1C airborne helmet and westinghouse liner??

Am new to airborne items still. Only have the original garrisson cap I posted before.
    was offered this helmet. Expensive still but 500 euro cheaper then the average dealership offered helmet. Should I act on it? Hope you experts can help!

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	710893Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	710894Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	710895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	710896Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	710897

Tread VERY careful with this. For a start, why would there be a shell dressing still attached to a 70 year-old helmet? The chin cup seems to have 'contrived' ageing as well. This reminds me of one of those made-up helmets which can be purchased from the US. I would be VERY hesitant to purchase if just relying on photographs as proof of its originality. get it properly examined by someone who knows about these things before you purchase if you possibly can.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

The helmet looks like an original ww2 m1, however i believe the A frames, chin cup and webbing chinstrap are modern reproductions to increase the value. There is corrosion on the headband clips and general wear with age however the airborne parts look new and where there is wear on the leather chin cup is does not look consistent all over. There are also no pictures of outside of the liner, which i would imagine has been resprayed to cover the replacement rivets where the A frames have been attached. The chances of finding an original m1 airborne helmet are incredibly low, so it is best to suspect it as fake until proven otherwise, especially when considering the asking price for these helmets.

Harry

I don't really do US helmets but I can say that net has not sat between the liner and shell for 70 years. It would be ironed flat.

?

Not an expert on airborne helmets but I didn't WWII Westinghouse AB liners use cast buckles on the A straps and the wire buckles post war. Ray

If you want to act contact Jmurryinc44.com in the states they knock these up with stencil markngs for $330 or 190 Euro,exactly the same using an original front seamed shell with original Westinghouse liner,all webbing/internal components are repro,DONT pay 500 Euro thats a complete rip off,even cheaper is ATTHEFRONT also stateside and there's are $230 built as above!!!!!!p.s no its not real as it would cost around 2'000 Euro or more................
    With Regards Jake.

Here is my U.S. made reproduction that I got in Shanghai.

Liner is CAPAC/ Westinghouse.

For your reference.

Name:	T1rwbmXepcXXcktVYX_113831_002.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	711000

Name:	T2gLtTXdFdXXXXXXXX_52606417.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	711001

Name:	T21_JkXiRNXXXXXXXX_52606417.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	711002

Regards,
    Taka

Ha Taka you bought one of Adams lids.I personally prefer Scott Berry's work,but both Adam and Scott are the best at what they do and the others I mentioned are just the basic starter Helmet where as these guys do the ageing and battle fatigue look...........very nice by the way.
    With Regards Jake.

Thank you for pointing out the maker, Jake.

Any website of them??

Regards,
    Taka

Thats his pics you've shown,on ebay 505th82nd Airborne,and Scotts is CO.B_COLLECTABLES...........did you not buy direct from Adam then Taka?..............
    With Regards Jake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast