Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

LRDG Badge from a SF Dealer

Article about: Gary J very kindly confirmed that a Polish Pare badge identified from dealer X as 'rubbish' the other day. Many thanks. I am posting this picture of an LRDG badge from the same dealer X, but

wright241
    ?

Default LRDG Badge from a SF Dealer

Gary J very kindly confirmed that a Polish Pare badge identified from dealer X as 'rubbish' the other day. Many thanks.
    I am posting this picture of an LRDG badge from the same dealer X, but it would be nice if something he has sold me turned out to be genuine. However....
    'We live in hope'
    This is a brooched version that at least has the edge lip, underbelly recess and appears to have the correct leg connections. I haven't bothered spending any money in establishing whether it has any gold content (which he said it did).
    As this badge will turn out to be the decider of whether I will ever buy anything from dealer X ever again I would appreciate any help.

Rgds, David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LRDG Badge from a SF Dealer   LRDG Badge from a SF Dealer  

LRDG Badge from a SF Dealer  

?

Default Re: LRDG Badge from a SF Dealer

Hi there,looks like a very rough casting,has a pin that doesnt match the position of the catch and lacks the stippled finish in the ring as the originals have..am no expert though so best to wait for more responses

goovernick
    ?

Looks like a total fake to me, but I no expert either , put it on the British Commonwealth Badge forum under the SF sections , plenty of experts and info there on LRDG badges...

Go to this link as goovernick says, post some close-up pictures and you should be able to get a definitive answer, good luck.

The British Military Badge Forum