Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

More sad news: Pte Geoff van Rijssel, XXI Indep Para Coy

Article about: Hi Guys, yet more sad news with the passing of another Arnhem Veteran that I had the priviledge to know. Geoff van Rijssel served with the XXI in North Africa, Italy, Holland and Norway. Tho

Default More sad news: Pte Geoff van Rijssel, XXI Indep Para Coy

Hi Guys, yet more sad news with the passing of another Arnhem Veteran that I had the priviledge to know.

Geoff van Rijssel served with the XXI in North Africa, Italy, Holland and Norway.

Those of you that have seen the film "Their's is the Glory" will recognise the name as Geoff played himself in the film.

I met Geoff several times at the reunions over the years.

He is survived by his wife Millie.

RIP.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: More sad news: Pte Geoff van Rijssel, XXI Indep Para Coy

A couple of pics of Geoff. These were taken back in 2004.

Geoff is in the light grey jacket and has a walking stick. Like many ex Paratroopers he had bad legs. Here he checks out a weapons display which we put on for them.

In the second photo he points out comrades in the March 1944 unit photo (which now adorns my living room wall) to Lez my wife.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More sad news: Pte Geoff van Rijssel, XXI Indep Para Coy   More sad news: Pte Geoff van Rijssel, XXI Indep Para Coy  

Rip

?

Another one gone to re-org with the battlegroup.

Never knew you Geoff, but thanks for what you, and every other allied soldier did.

RIP.