Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need help identifying a couple of 101st airborne patches

Article about: I was wondering if these patches i just got where really from WWII and what type they where if they where if not what year they might be from

Default need help identifying a couple of 101st airborne patches

I was wondering if these patches i just got where really from WWII and what type they where if they where if not what year they might be from
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help identifying a couple of 101st airborne patches   need help identifying a couple of 101st airborne patches  

need help identifying a couple of 101st airborne patches   need help identifying a couple of 101st airborne patches  

?

Default Re: need help identifying a couple of 101st airborne patches

cant help on authenticity but this might help with type Eagle Patch Corner

thanks for that link i was looking at it but still cant tell if the ones i have are wwii but they kinda look like the type 3 and type 1 but im not sure if some one could help me with figuring if im right that would be awesome

?

i would say that your second patch looks like the WW2 type 3 but your first one looks to be the post war type on the second page from the eye & beak style.

Quote by NickD View Post
    i would say that your second patch looks like the WW2 type 3 but your first one looks to be the post war type on the second page from the eye & beak style.
    i just looked at the scribble eyes and held my patch up to it the patch i have looks more like the type 10 because of the straight black line under the eye and the tongue isnt filled in all the way at the back of the beak and is skinnier also in the picture i just took its the first one next to the scrible eye that looks closest to it that i bought about a year ago but again its still all a shot in the dark and i appreciate the effort your putting in to help me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help identifying a couple of 101st airborne patches  

?

glad to offer what little help i can as im not a patch collector only really a helmet collector hopefully someone with better knowledge of these will chip in with better info.

?

Did you try a black light on them .

Quote by NickD View Post
    glad to offer what little help i can as im not a patch collector only really a helmet collector hopefully someone with better knowledge of these will chip in with better info.
    hope so but you have been a big help

- - Updated - -

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Did you try a black light on them .
    ya they dont glow

?

The first two pictured are ww2 101st not sure what type. The third is also ww2, but the last one pictured is a 1948 to 1950 or could have been issued right after the war due to the blue trim on the edge. This web site should help TRIGGER TIME - 101st Airborne WW2, check under insignia they have some of the types listed
    Sean F

Quote by gel65 View Post
    The first two pictured are ww2 101st not sure what type. The third is also ww2, but the last one pictured is a 1948 to 1950 or could have been issued right after the war due to the blue trim on the edge. This web site should help TRIGGER TIME - 101st Airborne WW2, check under insignia they have some of the types listed
    Sean F
    thanks for the info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast