Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

?Old US camo helmet 60's 70's ???

Article about: Old US camo helmet 60's 70's . Hi all after some opinions if this is good or not ?????? the person selling it says it is original and special forces or ranger ? I wouldn't have the slightest

Default ?Old US camo helmet 60's 70's ???

Old US camo helmet 60's 70's . Hi all after some opinions if this is good or not ?????? the person selling it says it is original and special forces or ranger ? I wouldn't have the slightest but think it looks very cool . what is something like this worth ? if it is original? Thanks guys ?Old US camo helmet 60's 70's  ????Old US camo helmet 60's 70's  ????Old US camo helmet 60's 70's  ????Old US camo helmet 60's 70's  ????Old US camo helmet 60's 70's  ????Old US camo helmet 60's 70's  ????Old US camo helmet 60's 70's  ???

It is trying to be an ARVN (Army of the Republic of Vietnam) helmet. I cannot speak for its authenticity, although I imagine these would be quite desirable helmets and readily faked. Cheers.

Just seen a guy selling one that claims to be original and he wants $1500 for it. Just having a look, it seems to me that, much like German camo helmets, it is hard to tell if if is a legit piece or if someone has taken it outside with a can or spray paint.

I thought it may be to good to be true . what puts me off is the eyes seem to big in comparison to pictures I'v seen of originals . most of the old pictures are taken at hard to see angles etc and some of them seem to have larger eyes . does anyone know much about these helmets is there a good thread ???

There seems to be quite a lot of threads on other forums if you do a google search, but they appear to have much the same question as yourself. It looks to me like many of these helmets were painted differently, further hindering authenticity. Personally I would not drop good money on it unless I got if from a Vet who had brought it back.

Far easier to fake than TR camo lids, i wouldn't touch it!......

cheers guys ... I wont go there . you's probably saved me spending money I don't have to spend on a whim ..... Thanks guys

This one looks like it was sprayed with aerosols a few months ago!..

This one is a fake for sure.
    This type of helmets are 95% fake.
    Only seen a few original ones ,Viet-Nam items are getting very collectibles in the pass few years.
    More and more site selling items.
    chris

On the other forums people seem to be unable to tell so I'm guessing these type of helmets are not worth even contemplating without having some type of provenance ? just too easy to fake then .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast