Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on Parachute Regt cap badge and Pegasus Please. Thanks in advance

Article about:

?

Default Opinions on Parachute Regt cap badge and Pegasus Please. Thanks in advance

Default re: Opinions on Parachute Regt cap badge and Pegasus Please. Thanks in advance

There was never an Officers Bronze version of this cap badge authorised in WW2. I take it that it is a cap badge in size?

The Pegasus is a private puchase example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default re: Opinions on Parachute Regt cap badge and Pegasus Please. Thanks in advance

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    There was never an Officers Bronze version of this cap badge authorised in WW2. I take it that it is a cap badge in size?

The Pegasus is a private puchase example.

Cheers, Ade.

Any chance that the para badge is a private purchase?? It is die struck/stamped as I can see the die marks clearly. Size is 67mm wide by 40mm high. It is also very stiff doesnt bend when pressure is applied. Where those flat side prongs ever used on para badges??
    Regards. Al

Hi Al, flat prongs are always used on Officer bronze badges.

I must say I don't like the shape of the inner wing feathers, being rather square and angular looking. Originals are usually much more rounded in appearnace.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Opinions on Parachute Regt cap badge and Pegasus Please. Thanks in advance

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Al, flat prongs are always used on Officer bronze badges.

I must say I don't like the shape of the inner wing feathers, being rather square and angular looking. Originals are usually much more rounded in appearnace.

Cheers, Ade.

I guess it's going to be one of those mystery items that's unique enough not to be able to be confirmed original nor unconfirmed. Am not a British expert, am more German/US WW2 but from
    47 years of experience, if a repro was made they show up quite frequently on the market or someone has seen it before. No body goes to the expense of making dies to make a few repros.
    I know it's a lot of speculation but maybe time will tell.

I have a question about the beret you own that belonged to a British para during WW2. I saw your thread. The beret maker and date was worn but the WD number was there with a "E" on top.
    Acording to some people "E" is the letter date code for 1947. Are those lists correct or are they flawed? Do you know what "A" code is. cant seem to find it. Thanks. Regards Al

Default Re: Opinions on Parachute Regt cap badge and Pegasus Please. Thanks in advance

I have certainly not seen another like it.

I will have to look up "A". Some lists are flawed.

Cheers, Ade.

"A" can be 1945.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ive never seen a wartime version of the para beret badge with these side prongs, there was , i believe two versions, one with a single prong pointing downwards and centrally placed, the other with two brass eyelets that were secured by a long brass thin split pin, the officers version could be in hallmarked silver, mostly made by Gaunts