Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions Pegasus Formation patch

Article about: Gidday all I would like your opinion on this patch. I have scrolled thru the forum and believe this fits all known attributes of a WWII era Pegasus patch. The detailed wing , harpoon like sp

Default Opinions Pegasus Formation patch

Gidday all

I would like your opinion on this patch. I have scrolled thru the forum and believe this fits all known attributes of a WWII era Pegasus patch. The detailed wing , harpoon like spearhead, the tail , hooves(?) and that glue(?) backing.
    Also would the thread on a diagonal be an attribute for a WWII era Pegasus patch?

I'm trying to build a Normandy display with legit British (not the rare Commando titles) and Canadian formation signs so any help would be appreciated.

Phill

Attachment 846736Attachment 846737

Looks fine to me. A private purchase patch.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Much appreciated Ade

What is the difference between a private purchase and a government contracted Pegasus formation sign. I'm familiar with the US side of patches but the British side is foggy to say the least!

Phill

Issue patches were printed.

These could be purchased by any rank for wear on "Best BD". Officers would tend to wear them all the time.

There is a nice story I think in the book "The Red Beret"? many years since I read it. A new guy joins the unit wearing these and the Sgt Major cuts them off with a razor blade and tells him in their unit they wear issue insignia!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade

Now I will look for a printed one , i think it should look like the one below?

Phill

Attachment 846748Attachment 846749

Yes, that is an issue example.

Forgot to add

I have ordered the new book British Airborne Insignia , this will help on my new venture!!

Military Mode Publishing

Attachment 846750

Phill

Not got that one yet. It should be good.

?

Quote by Phill Lockett View Post
    i think it should look like the one below?
    Be careful Phil, many replicas and even the original post-war made printed Pegasus patches are virtually the same as the one you show. It's a minefield!

From first looks not seeing any obvious red flags. looks legit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast