Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Para beret opinions on date please

Article about: Hi have this para beret do you guys think it says 1945 im unsure could be 1946 did the maker make these berets during this period please when did they stop producing berets does anyone know

Default Para beret opinions on date please

Hi have this para beret do you guys think it says 1945 im unsure could be 1946 did the maker make these berets during this period please when did they stop producing berets does anyone know please?
    Attached Images Attached Images Para beret opinions on date please 

Default Re: Para beret opinions on date please

Looks like 1945 to me. The wartime berets were larger in diameter than modern berets but am not sure of the exact date that they changed. Compton Webb still make berets as far as i know.
    Hangarman

Any chance of a bigger pic please? Also can you show all of the beret? Have you tried damping it as that often brings out the markings a bit more clearly.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I had a good look at this beret and you will see on the picture that shows the badge there is a slider pocket sewn on the beret, so post war, if I remember rightly the seller has it as a 1950s beret, John.

Ok yes cheersthats the beret was hoping i spotted something there being as its listed 50's but i did pick up this one earlier the same day hoping it is right seller was very confident so ill only know when it gets here i guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images Para beret opinions on date please  Para beret opinions on date please  Para beret opinions on date please  Para beret opinions on date please 

?

My guess is mid-fifties, most certainly not from WWII as it has a slider pocket.