Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Para beret real or fake??????? Confused please help

Article about: Hi very confused by this beret purchased this as genuine ww2 but unsure very loose looking stitching sitched to what feels a hessian material.Where capbadge should be feels like an area of h

Default Para beret real or fake??????? Confused please help

Hi very confused by this beret purchased this as genuine ww2 but unsure very loose looking stitching sitched to what feels a hessian material.Where capbadge should be feels like an area of hessian almost shield like in shape.Vents are definately brass painted black no WD stamps or evidence with a spray test cant really see which way beret has been spun just feel its made to be something its not please help im rubbish with these have had a few wrong ones still not got the real deal could this be it i have a bad gut feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!! No hole where ww2 capbadge has been evidence of slider type.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Para beret real or fake??????? Confused please help   Para beret real or fake??????? Confused please help  

Para beret real or fake??????? Confused please help   Para beret real or fake??????? Confused please help  

Para beret real or fake??????? Confused please help   Para beret real or fake??????? Confused please help  

Default Re: Para beret real or fake??????? Confused please help

Gut feeling postwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Para beret real or fake??????? Confused please help   Para beret real or fake??????? Confused please help  

NCA
    ?

I was watching this on ebay...if it was a genuine one i think the price would have been around the £500 or more mark.

I am in no way an expert on these things but the stamp looks fake to me, the style of font..lack of broad arrow...and ww2 berets had a large crown which this one hasnt.

I reckon its a postwar beret with repro markings.Sorry.

Yes this is the beret i am going to send it back as not correctly described as he said it was genuine 1944 dated so i took the chance.As soon as i opened the envelope and touched it i had this gut feeling that it was wrong it screams at me !!!!!!

I have a post war compton and webb maroon beret and it has very much the same construction. I dont know if they changed much over the years?

I am sure Ade will know about something like this.

The markings look to be in perfect condition which do not match the rest of it, so sending it back does seem the right course of action.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Modern beret with fake date stamp. Refund needed!

Totally wrong interior construction.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you guys

The seller has 100% feedback will not accept that its a fake so directed him here guys hope he can clearly see what the opinions of others are and its not just me.The funny thing was he said i wanted to return it as it must not of fitted wouldnt mind im not the smallest of people and have quite a large head anyway why would i wear a supposedly genuine beret id be crazy to do this i would buy a repro would i not????!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast