Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Para cap badge and x2 unidentified

Article about: Hi bought these from fleabay and the guy said the french lady who sold them got them from her brother who used to visit a pow camp.How true this is i dont know i wonder if its another ebay s

Default Para cap badge and x2 unidentified

Hi bought these from fleabay and the guy said the french lady who sold them got them from her brother who used to visit a pow camp.How true this is i dont know i wonder if its another ebay story?????? lol.Obviously the para badge is a brit para badge but can anyone please tell me what the dagger is i thought commando but they had ss on them didnt they? Could it really be a pow that has personalised the badge? is it right for a commando badge? i know the other is a sterling us lt bar.
    Attached Images Attached Images Para cap badge  and x2 unidentified  Para cap badge  and x2 unidentified 

Default Re: Para cap badge and x2 unidentified

Your dagger badge could be POW made by a member of No.1 army commando. Other ranks badge was just the dagger, officers badge was the dagger with S on either side. John

The other badge, the silver bar, is a US Lt's rank insignia. As it is pin backed it will be WW2 era.

Cheers, Ade.

The para wings are very interesting.......notice how the "shroud lines" have been polished smooth? Obviously that Para spent a LOT of time polishing his cap badge! I have owned a large number of Para wings, but this is the first one I have seen that has been polished smooth like that.....what a unique find!

I'm wondering if the dagger could be sweetheart jewlery? It certainly looks "non-regulation" and the clasp is not a regular one either. Very interesting!