Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

para helmet battle damage flash and numbers on the inside help please

Article about: hi guys need help did i do good on this or not battle damage para helmet dated 1943 see the damage it as a flash on it and i think the chaps service number just unsure how to see if it is a

me likes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture para helmet  battle damage   flash and  numbers  on the  inside  help please  
    Regards
    René

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    me likes
    relisted because of so many offers.....rather than buyer cancelled the deal once he learned it was a put together artificially aged shell with a crappy liner....though it might actually be a genuine relic shell that has forever been tainted by the fakery
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

'sad thing is, someone WILL buy it.......

The Ebay Money Maker thread on this forum shows there's lots of people at it....and lots of folk buying them - but as Jerry says, it's a shame when an original piece, in whatever condition, gets ruined.

I cannot be the only one who feels that the kindness and expertise of the folks here have been taken advantage of? Posting an item, being told it's a fabrication, subsequently listing it on eBay as original (after stating that they would pursue a refund). That comes across as being very deceitful to me, and completely against the ethics of this forum. Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting the situation, but that's how I see it.

B.B.
    ''Everyday you think of living. We are born to die, but I appreciate life. We live day by day, and I always say: yesterday is history, today's reality, and tomorrow's a dream.' -- Henry Flescher, Holocaust Survivor -- March 14, 1924 - August 29, 2018

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I cannot be the only one who feels that the kindness and expertise of the folks here have been taken advantage of? Posting an item, being told it's a fabrication, subsequently listing it on eBay as original (after stating that they would pursue a refund). That comes across as being very deceitful to me, and completely against the ethics of this forum. Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting the situation, but that's how I see it.

B.B.
    BB, as far as I can see, the questions were asked by someone called Andy and it is for sale by someone called Dave. I assume Andy bought it but pulled out after being told it was a fake before he ever got it in hand and the seller has relisted it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The battle damage is not at all convincing, and as already said...the helmet is a complete fabrication. At the anniversary of every major WW1 battle, you could guarantee that something would turn up on eBay connected to that particular battle. The same holds true for the major battles of WW2. Where there is money to be made, the con artists will provide you with whatever you want.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.... 'A Salford Pal: Pte Thomas Jay.'

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    BB, as far as I can see, the questions were asked by someone called Andy and it is for sale by someone called Dave. I assume Andy bought it but pulled out after being told it was a fake before he ever got it in hand and the seller has relisted it.
    Thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't too sure of the situation.

B.B.
    ''Everyday you think of living. We are born to die, but I appreciate life. We live day by day, and I always say: yesterday is history, today's reality, and tomorrow's a dream.' -- Henry Flescher, Holocaust Survivor -- March 14, 1924 - August 29, 2018

I've just asked the seller to clarify if he is selling it as a replica... or if he is trying to pass it off as genuine. Strange how it has all that damage to the shell, and yet the liner is all intact! Its a load of bo**ocks.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.... 'A Salford Pal: Pte Thomas Jay.'

hi guys yes i did buy the helmet on a buy now but then had a good look at it ,?? i knew that something was not wright so i asked on you chaps , i got a refund from him thanks to you , strange but true when you see something interesting on ebay you just click to buy as it may well sell and you miss out ,a good item thing is now with ebay you can send it back to the seller at there return cost but some guys out there think they have a good deal on a item ,and just save it until they discover its not what it is , this is a good forum to help us in our hobby and thank to you haps we all learn , not to take things for what they seem to be ,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12