Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Para Smock 84 pattern

Article about: Another recent addition, post 84 version para smock -with FA pouch n rear of left arm- with signs of multiple missing/removed insignia, DZ patch and Wings on right arm, Union jack and Brigad

Default Para Smock 84 pattern

Another recent addition, post 84 version para smock -with FA pouch n rear of right arm- with signs of multiple missing/removed insignia, DZ patch and Wings on right arm, Union jack and Brigade badge on left arm and also pilots wings on left chest above pocket. A shame all the insignia has been removed.

Does anyone know when officially it became standard to wear the small union jack patch on the arm on dpm?
    I have read it was early to mid 90's.
    I assume this dpm dates to the mid 80's long before the 16th air assault brigade was formed in 1999 and wonder who was wearing the air assault insignia prior to that or what other shield shaped patch was worn on the left arm? Obviously items can stay in stores or in use for many years after date of manufacture or issue and someone with pre soldier 95 dpm could still be wearing it post 1995 perhaps even as late as post 1999. I know some dpm was still being worn at least as late as 2001 in Macedonia and elsewhere.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Para Smock 84 pattern   Para Smock 84 pattern  

Para Smock 84 pattern   Para Smock 84 pattern  

Para Smock 84 pattern  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Another angle to look at, as well, is that it may of come from RAF stores, hence the re-issue to a pilot? Then you have the option of the blue RAF parachutist wings and II Sqn DZ patch, SFSG or just the normal RAF DZ patches.
    Attached Images Attached Images Para Smock 84 pattern  Para Smock 84 pattern 
    "Per Ardua"

To me its more likely a overseas Para wing worn above the pocket for jumping with another country

Two good answers for possibilities I had not considered. Thanks.

I thought he was likely to be para and pilot qualified or it went from a para to a pilot but still within the airborne forces.
    Regards,

Jerry

Looking at it again could be a Assisted Parachute Jump Instructor badge has been on the chest from the shape of the badge

Quote by kradman View Post
    Looking at it again could be a Assisted Parachute Jump Instructor badge has been on the chest from the shape of the badge
    Not a badge I have seen or heard of.
    Regards,

Jerry

Here's a photo
    Attached Images Attached Images Para Smock 84 pattern 

I do recognise it, just the auto correct to Assisted rather than Assistant threw me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by kradman View Post
    Here's a photo
    I think that's spot on, IMO, Kradman.
    "Per Ardua"

?

The PJI's were like the gym queens of the day lol..Nice guys but rather vain I found. & yes I would say foreign jump wings.. I am trying to think of any cloth ones??. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast