Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Parachute Regiment Cloth Wing Placement

Article about: Hi all. I was doing some research and came across this image on the net. I think it related to the 22nd independent Para Coy. I am interested in finding out whether the placement of wings by

Default Parachute Regiment Cloth Wing Placement

Hi all. I was doing some research and came across this image on the net. I think it related to the 22nd independent Para Coy. I am interested in finding out whether the placement of wings by the corporal near the camera over his rank insignia was normal, as I have not seen this before? I look forward to you opinions on this. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute Regiment Cloth Wing Placement  

Not commonly done but it was worn this way, only in the early period I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Cheers Jerry. It just struck me as odd.

Greetings all,

Here's a scan from Brian L. Davis, British Army Uniforms & Insignia of World War Two (London: Arms and Armour Press, 1983). It used the same picture albeit cropped to show the evolution of Parachute Badge wear. Small print gives specifics.

Regards,

Lance

Double click on picture to enlarge.

Parachute Regiment Cloth Wing Placement

Thats excellent, thank you. So as Jerry said, that is the early configuration put forward in February 1941 to June 1942. Cheers.

I have the Davis book, well worth having if you collect Brit items. I have also seen an example on a SGT's stripes for sale and I think it was discussed on another forum.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I have the Davis book, well worth having if you collect Brit items. I have also seen an example on a SGT's stripes for sale and I think it was discussed on another forum.
    Just checked it out on Amazon. It has good reviews so I may well look at purchasing a copy.

If you collect Brit kit it is vital reading.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Just checked it out on Amazon. It has good reviews so I may well look at purchasing a copy.
    Try and get the original version and not a reprint as in the latter the images are often poorly reproduced, being very dark and therefore not so clear.
    Regards,

Jerry