Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Parachute Regiment Shoulder titles WW2 replacement?

Article about: Hello Guys, I've recently decided to try and gather a small presentation set of shoulder titles, badges and replacement medals for a family friend whose father was in the Parachute Regiment

Default Parachute Regiment Shoulder titles WW2 replacement?

Hello Guys,

I've recently decided to try and gather a small presentation set of shoulder titles, badges and replacement medals for a family friend whose father was in the Parachute Regiment during the Arnhem campaign. The original medals were either lost or stolen during a nursing home move before the recipient died, and I thought it'd be a nice surprise for them.

Currently I've got the 50th Anniversary Commemorative Arnhem medal, but wasn't sure what colour shoulder titles I'd need - either blue stitch on light blue background, blue stitch on red etc?

Also I've noticed quite a few online sellers offering replacement 39-45 War Medals etc, but wondered if many of these are just cheap and nasty rip-offs? Can anyone suggest a reputable UK seller? I saw CJ Medals and thought they may be ok?

Any help appreciated.

Go for the blue on blue titles.

I cannot help on the medals sorry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I'm with Ade, blue on blue are typical fo the Arnhem campaign.

As for the medals, originals are still very reasonably priced so I'd advise you to buy these instead of a replacement/replica.