Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Parachute Regt cap badge

Article about: Hi Guys, this fake badge has been around for some years now, but it continues to fool people. It is easy to spot though due to the "blob" die flaw, circled here in red, which is no

Default Parachute Regt cap badge

Hi Guys, this fake badge has been around for some years now, but it continues to fool people.

It is easy to spot though due to the "blob" die flaw, circled here in red, which is not present on any original.

These fakes come with both types of fittings to the back, either the split pin type or the lugged slider type.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute Regt cap badge  

Default Re: Parachute Regt cap badge

Ade could you give me your opinion on this one please? as this is not what i usually collect but i thought i cant go wrong on £2.00 in a car booty splashing out not like me thanx in advance
    Ronnie, P.S other opinions welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute Regt cap badge   Parachute Regt cap badge  

It is a good original wartime badge.

Look at the feathers which form the semi circle either side of the parachute. See how they are much more curved and sculptured in shape than on the fake above?

Cheers, Ade.

I can see it now Ade thankyou from a very happy Ronnie
    many thanx Ronnie

?

Ronnie how about £4 for it as i dont mind giving you profit its a nice catch , rgds Dave

Ha Ha Dave only if i can buy your's off you with a couple of £ profit

?

Thanks for posting these guy`s , i`ve just checked mine out now and it`s a good one , hoorah !!

cheers Al

Hi Guys, I should add there are other fakes and restrikes in addition to this one which I have showed.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I'm not entirely sure about Ronnie's cap badge, note how the shroud lines on the left half are running almost parallel. This exact pattern is sold as a replica on our favourite website.
    The ones that I know are genuine either show all shroud lines pointing to the bottom of the badge (voided crown pattern only) or the shroud lines on the left half running not quite parallel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute Regt cap badge   Parachute Regt cap badge  

Thanks for the information.
    Regards
    John