Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Parachute/SOE jump suit.

Article about: While wandering around the Warsaw uprising museum recently i spotted this (apologies for the poor photo, the light was very poor and it was behind glass), a new one for me as i have neither

Default Parachute/SOE jump suit.

Parachute/SOE jump suit.
    While wandering around the Warsaw uprising museum recently i spotted this (apologies for the poor photo, the light was very poor and it was behind glass), a new one for me as i have neither seen or heard of these before.
    There is very little out there on the net but i understand these to be an SOE jump suit, they were nick named "strip tease suits" and only used during the jump and then discarded.

Parachute/SOE jump suit.
    One of the few photos i have been able to find on the net!..

?

Quite rare, probably only a few come up for sale in a year.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/SOE jump suit.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Parachute/SOE jump suit.  Parachute/SOE jump suit. 

An example was shown on the Waf recently.

Canadian or British Camouflage coveralls? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/SOE jump suit.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    only used during the jump and then discarded.
    It had two pockets to accomodate the handle and blade of a small spade to bury the overalls.

?

I have seen a few originals of these, some unissued, those ones are very small, and would think for Female SOE People.

Used to keep their cloths clean when they did the jump as dirty cloths were a givaway.

DEan O
    Canada

Quote by LucN View Post
    It had two pockets to accomodate the handle and blade of a small spade to bury the overalls.
    Great info, thanks for that!...

?

There's one for sale here:
    jump suit soe | eBay

modified to boot

hog
    ?

First time I have noticed the full length zips for easy removal in a hurry, in the dark.
    Saves hopping about on one leg trying to free your foot from the leg end.