Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Parachute XXI patches?

Article about: Gents, I 'recently' started to open a few moving boxes which moved with me the last 30 years. In my youth I collected stuff related to the Battle of Arnhem but stopped when the prices went s

Default Parachute XXI patches?

Gents,

I 'recently' started to open a few moving boxes which moved with me the last 30 years.
    In my youth I collected stuff related to the Battle of Arnhem but stopped when the prices went sky-high.
    If you don't mind I like to share some pieces with you now and then.

Today I like to post these 2 patches which I bought (or exchanged) some 30 years ago.
    I can't believe they're real, what do you think?

Parachute XXI patches? Parachute XXI patches?

Greetings, Marinus

?

They don't look fake. I have never seen a pattern like this before.

?

They are replicas beyond doubt. Please find attached pictures of an original one found at the old Hartenstein museum and one from 3rd battalion that was from the same manufacturer.

Parachute XXI patches?Parachute XXI patches?

?

I don't disagree. I have been to the Hartenstein and have XII picture as well. Taylor's book does a nice job on the ones like your second picture. There is also a thread on the other forum with a new variety of the parachute title I have never seen. The backs of the subject of this thread don't look like the ones commonly seen on ebay. They are too finely made to be from Pakistan. They could late 80's or early 90's fakes. If they are fake they are a pattern I have never seen.

Thanks for your reactions, guys.

Marinus

Hi Marinus, sorry for the late reply on this.

These copies were made by Nick Morigi. I bought several pair from him about 15 years ago and our group use them on our BD's for re-enactment.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

Thank you for helping me. i really appreciate it!

Marinus

?

Some front and backs

Parachute XXI patches?Parachute XXI patches?