Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Parachuting Nurses

Article about: The picture below is for sale on Friday in the local auction house. It is so unusual that I will have a good go at winning it. John.

Default Parachuting Nurses

The picture below is for sale on Friday in the local auction house. It is so unusual that I will have a good go at winning it. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachuting Nurses  

Default Re: Parachuting Nurses

Nice one, go for it!

The are RAF Nurses of the Princess Mary's Royal Air Force Nursing Service. You can just see a collar dog worn by the girl at the front.

A lot of these girls flew in medivac "Dakotas" hence the need for Parachute training.

Cheers, Ade.

Nice Photo! Good luck!
    Dan

as a matter of interest, the photo is of the post war period. the Dak in the background is in " natural metal finish ". you can also see the RAF fin flash.

P.S if anybody nitpicks, ok, silver paint finish overall

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    as a matter of interest, the photo is of the post war period. the Dak in the background is in " natural metal finish ". you can also see the RAF fin flash.
    You are spot on, I went back today and had a good look at all the pics. on offer. On the back of the nurses one is the date 1946 and a write up in Spanish. All the various lots of pictures are from an Argentine photo agency. John.

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    P.S if anybody nitpicks, ok, silver paint finish overall
    Hey, well spotted!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    You are spot on, I went back today and had a good look at all the pics. on offer. On the back of the nurses one is the date 1946 and a write up in Spanish. All the various lots of pictures are from an Argentine photo agency. John.
    sorry wrong date, should be 1948, John