Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Paratrooper beret!!!!!

Article about: hi I spotted this and was hoping for some info please as to whether its ww2/postwar/repro etc,is it British or Canadian?any idea on value,thanks in advance for your time and comments........

Default Paratrooper beret!!!!!

hi I spotted this and was hoping for some info please as to whether its ww2/postwar/repro etc,is it British or Canadian?any idea on value,thanks in advance for your time and comments................Jake.
    Attached Images Attached Images Paratrooper beret!!!!!  Paratrooper beret!!!!!  Paratrooper beret!!!!!  Paratrooper beret!!!!!  Paratrooper beret!!!!! 

?

Default Re: Paratrooper beret!!!!!

I think it's post war, see the little pocket at the front of beret where the badge would go in. I think those pockets came in just after the war or early 50's?

As Tinlid posted, it is post war as it has the slider pocket for the badge which is only seen on post war Berets.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Morning Jake I do know that J.Compton Sons & Webb Ltd were war time manufacturers.
    I do agree there should be no allowance for the slider type cap badge on the front all British Para Cap badges had double lugs on the back till early postwar.
    IMO the date stamp looks to be messed with the numeral 4 has been washed out and redone this is an attempt to deceive.
    Here is an interesting web site I use on occasion while researching British Para items( British WW2 airborne uniforms, insignia, equipment, headgear and weapons ) .

Regards Mark K

Thanks guys so its genuine then but postwar made any idea on true value?..............Jake.

Fascinating link that Mark.

Cheers,

Ian.

so can someone show the differance between a "slider" and "double lug" badge please...............Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    so can someone show the differance between a "slider" and "double lug" badge please...............Jake.
    the reverse of a lugged Para badge and a RWF with a slider as I don't have a Para on a slider.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paratrooper beret!!!!!   Paratrooper beret!!!!!  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ok cheers Jerry now the next thicky question how can anyone tell from the original pics i posted that is a slider not lug type cap badge?i cant tell by looking.............Jake.

?

I would like to see a fewer close up images of the para badge front and back as these are widely reproduced.
    As to telling if it is double lugged compared to a slider it is going to be very hard to tell from these images but if you look at image one close it looks like the badge is sitting to high on the beret compared to the slot that is cut in the wool for it to be a slider hard to tell for positive though.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast